The Wise Family

Sunday, June 15, 2008

One of those nights...

After having a lovely dinner at Linda and Rick's house I was happy to get home and put Payton to sleep so I could get my house cleaned before Jonathon returned home. Payton unfortunately did not fall asleep on the ride home so I put her in my bed (I am too scared to sleep alone ;) and waited for her to fall asleep. I usually will clean my room or get on the internet while she is lying in bed because she usually insists that I stay with her until she does fall asleep. Well... after a clean bedroom and bathroom and no sleeping baby I decide to sneak off to switch the laundry. Now when I leave the room she usually will yell, "Mommy!, Mommy!, Mommy!" and I did not hear this so I continued with a few other chores. Now any mother knows that a quite toddler is not always a good thing and this proved to be true tonight. I came in to see if I lucked out with her falling asleep and found her covered in lotion from a bottle that she found in my bed. Luckily she was smiling which made me smile instead of getting angry because as tired as I am it could have been really upsetting! So anyways I guess the moral of this story is to never trust a toddler even if it is with a harmless bottle of baby lotion. I have had to learn this the hard way when Jonathon was watching her and she opened a red fingernail polish all over our couch. At least I have a fresh smelling baby to snuggle with tonight and she is now asleep so off to cleaning I go ;).

3 comments:

Sharon said...

What a cute picture!

She's growing up SO fast!

nanamoo said...

I agree. A quiet toddler is a scary toddler. And I don't know how you ever manage to discipline that sweet little face.

SpaceyKasey said...

Hard to get mad at such an adorable child, huh? Too funny, girl.