The Wise Family

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The kids are finally in their own beds!



The kids are in their beds!
I decided last night to try Payton out in her big girl bed. She was a little hesitant (and so was I) but after staying in there with her for about 30 minutes she fell into a deep sleep. When it was time for Jonathon and me to go to bed we tried talking each other into going to get her but both decided that it would be best if we got her use to the idea of sleeping in her own bed. This is a way harder transition for Jonathon and me than it is for Payton, but I know it will be the best thing to prepare for when Britten gets here and has his late night crying and feedings. Payton did great until she woke up at 3:30am calling for me which was great for me because I sleep better with her beside me (minus the occasional kicks to the face;).


Payton finally sleeping!



As for Cali… well she was kicked out of our bed when Payton was born and had a way harder time with it than what Payton has. She fought us on it for months but finally she is comfortable with her new sleeping arrangements on the couch in the playroom. Every night Jonathon or I will get her blanket out and cover her up. It’s funny because she expects it to happen every night and does not go to sleep until she is tucked in… what a baby!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those pictures are so cute. Payton looks like such a big girl in her big girl bed! And Cali is too cute under her blanket. That is so funny that you have to tuck her in at night. Cute!

The McGraths said...

Her bedding is so cute! That is a hard transition! So far we've had on of each. Cori was easy but Jake was very hard. Just keep trying, she'll figure it out! Good Luck!