The Wise Family

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pregnancy Update- 7months

Today I went for my 7 month check up and everything went really well. Jonathon came with me, which always makes the appointments so much more fun even when he is making fun of me by telling me that the scale said a half a pound more than what the nurse wrote down. Dr. Zittel said that everything was measuring up like it should and my blood pressure looked good. Also, I passed all the glucose blood work testing so I would be done with getting blood work done...thank goodness!

I was in shock when he told me that he would see me again in 2 weeks! I did not realize how close to the end I was getting until he said that. I remembered with Payton how fast everything went by once I had gotten to the 2 week appointment point.

It has been so amazing to me how similar this pregnancy and my pregnancy with Payton have been. The only thing that I have found to be very different is that with Payton I got the black line like a month into my pregnancy and with Britton it has been very faint. I have followed the same weight gain pattern with this one as what I did with Payton… almost pound to pound from week to week.

Payton has made this pregnancy really fun and go by so fast. When I was pregnant with Payton all I thought about all day was what it would be like to have a baby and be a mother. With this one I have been so busy that the time has just flown by! Payton has been very interested in my ever growing belly and has discovered my belly button that is about to be an outtie. She thinks it is funny to pinch it since I give her such a reaction and when I try to cover it up with my hand she pushes my hand away.

I am hoping that everything will go good until the end because I have been extremely nervous with my due date getting closer. I never was that scared with Payton because from any pregnancy I had ever seen the worst thing for a baby was to have to spend a few days in the hospital from jaundice. So, since I was hoping that I would not have to spend an extra day in the hospital due to jaundice with Payton I am hoping this time that jaundice will be my only issue;). I know that I have to have complete faith and know that everything happens for a reason. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have a second child and hope for the best as any mother would. 27d4w

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

I just made my 2006 blog into a book. I have the most beautiful picture of you and Payton on her blessing day. She is a joy! I am excited for you to bring another little soul into your world and also ours!

Stephanie said...

Wow! I can't believe you're so close! I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet little Britten!

MC Boone said...

Missy! I am SO excited for you! How fun is it with pregnancy number two! I am about 3 1/2 months and am due in Jan (hopefully not on Layna's bday) and I SO relate to what you were saying about the linea negra (black line). When are you due in November? My birthday is the 18th, so that would be cool if he was born close- and I absolutely LOVE the name you guys picked out- Britten is adorable! We miss you guys! Love you!!!