The Wise Family

Monday, August 11, 2008

Payton went pee pee on the toliet!

Things were pretty exciting around the Wise home last night. After Payton finished her delicious and very messy meal that Grandma brought over, Jonathon went to give Payton a bath. As I was cleaning the kitchen Jonathon started yelling for me and I have to admit I was a little bummed because I thought Payton might have made a huge mess that he needed back up on. Instead I was surprised to find pee pee in Payton's little toilet. Jonathon said that he put her in the bathtub and she started saying pee pee so he thought he'd give her a chance and when he did he turned his back to grab something and turned back around to find pee in the toilet. Jonathon and I made the biggest deal of this milestone. We gave her tons of praise and she was loving every bit of it. She was smiling from ear to ear and was so excited. I never realized what a big deal getting a child to pee on the toilet was until I started working with her on it. I once say a Kate and Jon plus 8 episode were Kate was taking photos of the toddlers number 2 and I was thinking how weird and disgusting that was, but now having my own I can feel her joy;). It is just so amazing how the littlest things with your child can bring about the most happiness. I can't even imagine how I will feel when Payton gets the honor roll, student of the month or anything else big when I got so excited about a little pee;). Good job Payton... you’re such a good girl!


3 comments:

Ashlea said...

Yeah, Payton!! I know the feeling, Missy...what an accomplishment for you all!

nanamoo said...

lol...that's awesome!

Melody said...

WAY TO GO!