The Wise Family

Saturday, February 16, 2008

When you are in service of your fellow beings...

... ye are only in service of your God. This is what I had to continue to tell myself when I had to get up early on a Saturday morning to get down and dirty. I am not one for being in the woods because I am terrified of snakes... and it does not matter of size, poison factor, or anything else I hate them all! I know that they are good for killing rodents and blah blah blah but I am not a fan of them... YUCK! Anyways, back to my blog about service because I could go on and on about those nasty little critters.

The service project was really nice and the youth worked so well together. The Eustis ward was in charge of the burning which was supposedly the best job you could get. The property was really pretty and I was told that it was donated to the Boy Scouts... very generous donation!

After 5 hours of tiring hard work we got in the car and one of the Young Women, Melissa S., said, "That was so much fun!" I turned around to her and said that she and the Young Women were so awesome because even with doing a challenging service project they had such great positive attitudes and acted as though we had taken them to a water park. I just love the Young Women and their sweet spirits.

I have to say that I am happy that I was given this opportunity to serve with the youth and I did not see a single snake;). "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God", Mosiah 2: 17.