The Wise Family

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jonathon has taken off to Brazil

Payton and I dropped Jonathon off to the airport today for him to fly to Brazil and it was so sad. He will be gone for two weeks doing clinic work over at a hospital and an orphanage in Brazil. They say that he will get more experience in these two weeks than what he would in a whole year in practice because of all of the crazy things they will see with the patience and because people line up to seek the free treatment.

Although I am happy that Jonathon is going to get so much experience and be serving others, I am so sad that it will be so long that I don't get to see him. It really gives me a greater appreciation for the wives and children that have to say goodbye to their husbands/fathers who spend lots of time fighting the war for our country.

Jonathon and I have an amazing relationship and are each other's best friends. He is a great husband and father to Payton and I am truly blessed to be the person who gets to spend eternity with him. I love you very much Jonathon and miss you like crazy!

A warning to all blog readers: I will be doing a lot of blogging the next two weeks so you might get bored with all of my petty blogs, but I want to journal for Jonathon since I will not be able to talk with him much because it is an international trip. Just a warning ;).

5 comments:

nanamoo said...

i'll look forward to your blogs and even keep you company if you want! :)

Brianna said...

I will keep you company too missy!

Megan Berge said...

MISSY!!!!!! I want to babysit that silly little girl you have! And...I will keep you company also!(don't worry brother wise, we won't have any fun without u!) LOL

-megan

Ps. I still want to babysit ;)

Melody said...

I know how you feel about him leaving. I always miss Chris tremendously when we are separated.

Fisher Family said...

I was blog hopping Missy and saw your post. Thank you for remembering the soldiers and their families. It hard to be apart whether it's 2 weeks or more. Peyton is such a cutie.