The Wise Family

Monday, September 15, 2008

2 year check up

Payton a little nervous about getting her shots ;).


Today Jonathon and I took Payton to her 2 year check up and everything went really well. I finally got Payton the MMR shot, which I put off for a year, but I fell good about doing it when I did. Jonathon was kind enough to switch his days around so he could come and help an emotional pregnant girl with comforting a toddler after getting those horrible shots. Payton actually did pretty well with getting the shots with only about 30 seconds of crying and a few no nos and a couple ouchies! Dr. Madden stressed to Jonathon and I the importance of child proofing our house and being extremely careful with Payton around swimming pools. He said that this was the first year since he started practicing in Florida that he had not lost a patient due to an accidental drowning. When Jonathon and I got home we did a few extra child proofing to insure that no pointless accidents happen.



After the appointment Jonathon and I celebrated our hard work with going to PF Changs (Jonathon's favorite) and Marble Slab (my favorite). I also talked Jonathon into taking me to Babies R Us (his least favorite store) and I got the cutest little baby book for Britton and a few decorations for his room. Payton slept the whole time during lunch and continued to sleep when she got home. When she woke up she was ready to go again... those baby shots cannot hold this big girl back;).

No comments: