The Wise Family

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Payton's First Build-a-Bear

Tonight we went to the Florida Mall for a little shopping and to let Payton play in the kiddie area. I took the kids up to Macys (Britton in a front carrier and Payton in her stroller) to look around the kids section. Payton was not too happy about being in the stroller so I distracted her with a little black dog that was for sale. After Jonathon rescued me and took Payton he did not realize that she still had the dog so they left the store with it and when they had to return it Payton went nuts. Jonathon had noticed, while playing in the kiddie area, Payton admiring two older girls who had Build-a-Bears and he insisted that we take her to get one. I thought it wasn't that great of an idea because I thought Payton would be to young to understand or care about building a bear but I sure was wrong. We went in there and she picked out a dog. Payton was into the whole process and at the end told the lady thank you without any coaching and then continued the whole night to tell Jonathon, "thank you daddy". It was so cute and such a sweet memory. I love seeing Jonathon and Payton interact and can already see who Payton will go to when she gets older and wants something. Payton picking out a heart for her doggie.
Doggie getting stuffed.


3 comments:

nanamoo said...

I truly enjoyed all your posts today!

Megan said...

aw, what a sweet memory! i have a build a bear too! they are so neat!

MC Boone said...

So precious! I love it when daddys take good care of their daughters- I love seeing Jordan with Layna and cannot wait to see him with this new little one! We are so blessed to have such good daddies to our daughters!