The Wise Family

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Another Cast to add to the Collection

After going on a nice family walk, Jonathan and I were admiring how beautiful our children where as they walked their dogs. A few minutes later Britton started screaming his head off and told me to come quick. I quickly ran to him to comfort him and find out what all the crying was about. I held him and examined his foot to only find a scratch in his foot. He was screaming and screaming!! Jonathan and I thought he was just being a little dramatic but after about 5 minutes of him screaming we reexamined his foot to find a big swollen foot!! We knew right away that it was broken so we quickly ran home and got straight in the car to go to the urgent care. The doctor took X-rays and came in with one of the very concerned looks. He had three bones broken straight through on the top of his foot. We think what happened was that Lucy pulled Britton forward very hard and since he had flip flops on it must have bent his foot just right:(. The urgent care doctor was pretty convinced that britton would have to get surgery to fix his foot and so were Jonathan and I. After looking at his X-rays I broke down. It was all too much to take at the time!!

We took britton to the Nemours Children's hospital fully prepared to schedule his surgery date and when the doctor came in and told us we would only need a cast for four weeks... I can't explain the amount of joy I felt!! I didn't think not doing surgery was even an option! It was the first piece of good news we had received in a long time!! It showed us the tender mercies we are blessed with in our lives! 

So Britton got another cool red cast on his leg!

No comments: