The Wise Family

Monday, December 20, 2010

Britton is offically potty trained!!

I am so proud of my big boy Britton. He has done so good with his potty training!! We still have been keeping pull ups on him during the night but it is even very rare for him to wake up with a wet pull up. I have heard everyone say that boys are harder but in my case I got him potty trained one month earlier than Payton... but that might be because I was a little braver this time. There definitely are some differences with boys and girls such as little boys pee all over the place but the trade off is no wiping the front so that means we can pee where ever we want!! Britton told me he had to go pee pee the other day on my way to my sister's house so we pulled over on the side of 44 and let it rain! I have not had any car accidents yet... knock on wood. I bought him a piddle pad and have not had to use it once!


I do have to say that if I ever do potty train again that it will not be during the holidays because it has been a tough journey taking him in and out of store restrooms... and the buttons are way too interesting for Britton not to touch!! One of my Target trips took 1:45 minutes because Britton kept telling me he had to go potty so I would rush to the restrooms and nothing for three tries. No fun when your trying to concentrate on holiday shopping! But we have not had any accidents in any stores so it's a trade off I guess.

Jonathan and I are so proud of our big boy and so thankful to not have to buy diapers!!! It's been a good four years and I'm ready for a break;).

No comments: