The Wise Family

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Very Special 10 Minutes


This is a very rare caption of Britton letting me snuggle him. Earlier today at church, after I got done teaching, I came out to the front room to find Britton a sleep in Jonathon's arms which never happens because Britton will usually only fall a sleep if he has his own space. Jonathon said that Britton was letting Jonathon snuggle him all through church and actually fell asleep in his arms. So later that night after I had got done walking with Linda I held Britton and he started to rest his head on my chest. I know if does not sound like a huge deal but Britton never lets us snuggle him and there have been nights were I would get him out of his bed just to get some snuggles out of him. Britton loves to be held and played with but usually does not snuggle. This is so opposite from Payton who I swear would still be in love with a baby Bjorn or sling if they made them in her size. Every night before she goes to bed she has be snuggled and gets kind of mean about it and will forcefully say Hold me! or Snuggle me! Jonathon calls her my little girlfriend because she is so demanding of my affection. I love it though and cherish every bit of love I get out of these children because I know that the day will come all too soon when they will be to big to be snuggling with me and this makes me so sad thinking of it! I can't think of a greater gift than the love my children show me... I feel so blessed.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

Beautiful moments!

Stephanie said...

That picture is so sweet! Snuggling is good!