The Wise Family

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Jonathan's Dr Appointment:(


I wish my post could be as happy as this little cutie!!

So we went to dr nicks office today after having Jonathan's 3 month mri check. We had to wait a whole week to get the results but I think we all knew what to expect since jonathans headaches had increased and his seisure activity had increased. Dr Nick confirmed what we had feared, the tumor had indeed grown and he would need a second surgery to determine the grade of this new growth and what his new treatment would be. This was a huge disappointment for obvious reasons and also since we had so much hope of it improving since Jonathan changed his who diet to fight the dumb tumor. Jonathan really gave it 100% but it was simply not enough. That's what sucks about these dumb tumors... You can give it 100% and it can simply leave you in a worse spot!! Such a bummer! 

So now we are working on a plan to find a surgeon and move on with on with our next treatment option. In many ways this all feels harder than when he was first diagnosed with a tumor. Then it was scary but I had lots of hope and had lots of denial (which help me get through a lot of it). For the past year, I have tried to keep everything as normal as possible for the sake of Jonathan, myself and the kids. I have come to realize that this denial is longer there. I have a sense of reality now and it stinks! The good thing about me is I have always been able to suppress my emotions and move on even in trying times. I will have to do this more than ever now especially for Jonathan. The show must go on. 

No comments: