The Wise Family

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ready for Surgery

You know that scary feeling when you're 7 months pregnant and the doctor tells you and your husband that he has a brain tumor...yeah pretty scary stuff!! For the past 4 months I've lived in fear, stress, but surprisingly most of all I've lived in joy and happiness. Every time I wanted to cry I'd think of all how much I'd been blessed with through this challenge. Some days I'd pretend like there wasn't even a problem. This was the easiest way for me to cope with the reality of all we were going through.  Some days, mostly while driving, when no one was around, I'd cry and cry. I'd think of things in our future that we'd always dreamed of doing together and then I'd think of how I might be going through this world by myself to raise our children without their father and my best friend and the love of my life. Through out all of this Jonathan received a blessing from Brother Ambs, who told Jonathan that if the doctors told him he'd have 20 years to spend with me or 50 years it wouldn't be enough. That's exactly how I felt and still feel. No matter how many years I would be told I have to spend with Jonathan, it wouldn't be enough! I guess that's why when I'd hear success story's of people making it longer than expected, never set well with me because it usually ended with the person passing on.

So now it's time for the BIG BRAIN surgery! We arrived at the hospital at 4:45am and nervously awaited him to be called back to be prepped for surgery. It took a few hours and then finally I gave him one last kiss and said goodbye. It was a long 6 hour wait to finally get the great news from Dr. Liau that the surgery went really well. She said she was able to get the bulk of the tumor and the pathologist was very surprised at how low grade of a tumor it was. Really great news!!

No comments: