The Wise Family

Monday, August 27, 2012

School Lunch with My Girl

This morning while in line to drop Payton off she had a melt down.  She did not want to go back to school and it broke my heart! As I watched her sad little face walk away all I could think was that I would not know how her day turned out until 3pm when I picked her up.  It the past I could call her school and ask how she was doing but now that we are in the big leagues it's not that easy.
 I dropped Britton off and then went into Jonathan's office.  After a few hours of thinking about her I was working on my computer frustrated because the rain had caused problems with my Internet.  As I was sitting there looking at my computer I saw a reflection of the kids photos that is in our office and then I remembered that I had read somewhere that parents could come during school lunch time.  So I called and confirmed that this was true and checked her lunch time and I had 10 minutes to make it across town.  It was pouring rain so I just grabbed an umbrella and didn't say bye to anyone and hurried as fast as I could.  When I got to the school I checked in and walked over to Payton's table.  She looked up and was so surprised to see me.  We got to eat at the special round table and she was so excited! She told me that her day was better and that see was so happy to have me with her.  It made the rest of my day so much better knowing that she was ok. 

No comments: