The Wise Family

Monday, March 12, 2012

Beagle Twins

After Sammy the Squirrel passed away we knew that right away we were going to have to get another pet for the kids. Jonathan and I thought about trying to find another squirrel or rabbit and we came to the conclusion that if we were going to do another pet than maybe it was time to make Payton's dreams come true and get a puppy. We talked about different dogs and concluded that "A" beagle would be the best option since Jonathan is very allergic to long hair dogs. It took about three weeks of looking and talking myself into and out of our decision. I researched these type of dogs and concluded that they make great family pets but from what I could see they had three big down falls... 1. they are stubborn dogs 2. their EXTREMELY keen sense of smell, which makes them very likely to run away and puts them in danger of being hit by cars. 3. again, their EXTREMELY keen sense of smell which makes them want to eat everything and puts them at huge health risk as a result of being over weight.

Knowing the cons of having a beagle I still decided that I wanted to move forward with getting "A" Beagle. I was very specific about what I wanted this beagle to be. Simply a female chocolate miniature beagle with blue eyes... not too much to ask right? Well I guess this is a rare type of dog so I felt very lucky that there was one in North Carolina. The only problem was that she had a twin brother that needed a home too...
... and who could resist those beautiful blue eyes and sweet face!

No comments: