The Wise Family

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Surprise Sunflower

Along time ago Payton wanted to buy a little pack of sunflower seeds from Lowes so I let her get them and we planted them in the rock garden with absolutely no intentions of ever seeing anything grow from them. I actually never looked back a second time to see how they were doing because I did not think they would grow (I don't have the best luck with growing plants!). About a week ago I noticed this huge tall green stalk growing in the garden and at first thought it was a weed since they grow so big so fast. But much to my surprise it was a beautiful sunflower!!
Payton, Britton and I got so excited to see such a beautiful flower that we had grown!! We took photos to show some of our family and when I turned around Britton was holding our beautiful master piece!! Payton and I were heart broken!! We took the flower and put it in a vase so at least we could enjoy the beauty in our house.





Britton is thinking about how bad he wants to pick this flower!! And he is waiting on the perfect moment... when no one is looking!!



A happy moment for this little girl!




Luckily more grew and after Britton picked out second master piece he finally got that you don't pick the sunflowers!!


No comments: