The Wise Family

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of Britton and Payton's mom's day out school in Mt. Dora. I was counting the days down until last week when we went to the Parent's meeting and I had to leave Britton with the volunteers and he had such a hard time. I felt so bad for him and had a hard time thinking about leaving him for three hours. I decided that on the first day I would stay with him for a little while to help him get more comfortable with it and after about 45 minutes I decided to leave and he cried so hard. His teacher said that he did fine after about 10 minutes and would look at the door every now and then and ask for mama.
Payton on the other hand did excellent. It helped having her cousin Jayden in her class and also her Aunt Rhea for the first day as a volunteer. I am really excited about having this school to take them to so I can get my work done because it is less than a minute away from Rick and Geoffrey's office.
I asked Payton to cross her legs and Britton thought I was telling them to cross their arms for prayer.






Big girl off to class!



Britton and Alex playing in their class.

Payton wanted to hold her brother's hand on the way home from school.

1 comment:

AndreaGrace said...

awwwe...so cute! we miss seeing you guys at school...but it looks like you found another great school for your kiddos. We'll need to get together again soon! :-)